Attending Your First Class at GPY
- Yoga Mat: Bring a yoga mat (if not we have them to rent for $1 or purchase in our retail area).
- Clothing: Wear comfortable clothing that you can move and sweat in. Be aware that you will be in many different poses so make sure your private parts are well covered.
- Water: Bring a water bottle to keep hydrated. In case you forget, we do offer bottled water for sale as well as electrolyte supplements.
- Towel: Bring one, you will sweat. We do provide a complimentary hand towel if needed at check in. Yogitoes for your yoga mat are available to rent for $1 or for purchase in the retail area.
- Food: Don’t eat too much before class, if anything just a light snack. Big meals should be avoided.
- Arrival: Arrive 15 minutes early. We will show you how to check in, where to put your stuff and where to go.
- Cell Phone: No cell phones in the yoga room. If you are on call or have a child issue we ask that you inform the teacher before class. You will be instructed to place your mat at the back of the room near the exit door.
- Have Fun: Keep an open mind and be patient. Look around if you get confused and just know that we are in this together. Enjoy the journey!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the benefits of yoga?
– Calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety
– Strengthens and tones muscles
– Helps with flexibility
– Helps to detoxify
– Increases circulation
– Lowers blood pressure
– Brings balance to the mind, body and spirit
I am not flexible, is yoga for me?
Yes!! Yoga is not about being flexible. It is about bringing balance to our bodies. We encourage modifications, with and without props. The studio is equipped with blocks, straps, bolsters and blankets. Your body will feel different each time you practice
What do I need to do to prepare for class?
Wear comfy clothes that you can move and sweat in. No shoes or socks so be prepared to take them off in the lobby. Please limit your perfumes and colognes. Bring a mat or rent one of ours ($2). Hydrate before class and bring a water bottle with you (we have bottled water to purchase). Have fun and come as you are, not as you think you should be!
What is the cell phone policy?
No cell phones in the yoga room, please, unless you make arrangements with the teacher prior to the class (you are on call or you have kids at home). Should it be necessary to have your phone, place your mat on the back row and closest to the exit door. Phone must be on silent. Just be curious if your phone and smart watch own you. Time on your mat is a gift.